HOW TO BEAT THE UMEMPLOYMENT BLUES
- Keep active in locating job boards daily such as indeed.com, careerbuilder.com, americajobs.com, usajobs.gov, rileyguide.com.
- Use specific key words with your search (not always a job title).
- Read each selected posting for key words and phrases.
- Create a Word Doc and begin making a list of skills and descriptions matching your character or personality.
- Go to the onetonline.org to select job titles and read job descriptions of selected titles. It will help you locate a new career based on your skills.
- Read all the detail on onetonline.org of each job such as salary at the bottom and other information.
- Build a resume totally with the words you have been building on your key word lists.
- Learn about the Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) – Google.
- It is critical to ensure accuracy and accurate formatting for the system.
The employer depends on systems because it allows the company to be more organized and efficient when they are seeking a prospective employee. It handles the recruitment process, thus making the process easier.
Read more at https://www.jobscan.co/blog/8-things-you-need-to-know-about-applicant-tracking-systems/#yzbGmpEtqFkePgmc.99